Friday, October 4, 2013

Why I love social media.


Wanna know what I miss about "going to work"? Getting to talk with other adults! Yep, that is pretty much it. I think that is one of the reasons I love this whole social media thing, y'all are my water cooler! The place I can go and interact with other grown ups in the middle of the day. Don't get me wrong, there is no other place I would rather be then at home with my kids. Plus I realize that this "little kid" season is so short and will be gone before I know it and I will have "more time" for grown up relationships. But grown up relationships are vital to my mommy sanity!

Mommy sanity. You have heard of it right? Alright so maybe more often we hear of Mommy Insanity, but lets try to focus on the good. Lets take a look at some of the ways I keep my mommy sanity.

I turn on Pandora and rock out to some of my favorite jams and sing like I'm with the band. (The baby things mom is very talented!)
I take part in a daily women's Bible study group online: Good Morning Girls
I turn on YouTube and Zumba with my kids.
I check out chic-lit from the library.
I DVR my favorite shows and stream them to my tablet when the tv is otherwise occupied.
I brew and drink multiple cups of caffeinated tea in the morning and herbal in the afternoon.
I Facebook.
I Pintrest.
I follow blogs.
I email.
Sometimes I even get a phone call with my BFF, but mostly we text.
We have play dates.
I day dream.
I write.
I blog.

Now the next question, when do I have time  for all these "mommy sanity moments"? All day long! It is in between morning snuggles and breakfast, getting dressed and lessons, chores and play, bedtime stories and kisses that I find my moments. Do I ever feel like I am neglecting my kids to this "social media" eh, sometimes. You know what, sometimes I get lost in my book or day dreaming. And sometimes I put marshmallows in their oatmeal and let them eat ice cream for dinner too. And you know what else? I am still a great mom with amazing kids and they are great kids with an amazing mom.

Got to buzz, watching Shark Tank with my Honey.
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment