Friday, May 31, 2013

Summer Challenge: Attitude & Behaviors

In my previous post Thyroid Surgery  I mentioned "some attitudes and behaviors that need to change". And as I dealt with more then one melt down today, including my own, I was pleased that what kept running through my head was a verse my Honey and I were studying this morning. If you abide in Me and My Words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. John 15:7-8

I could use a lot more abiding and a lot more fruit in my life. Which got me thinking on The Fruit of the Spirit . But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22



I want to my kids to hear that scripture and think "hey, that's my mommy" and I want them to have the blessing that come with being filled with the fruit of the Spirit. So every Friday this summer I will be sharing something from our journey as we become a family that is abiding more in God's Word. I am expecting a lot of good fruit!

Got to buzz, I have some abiding to do.
-K




No comments:

Post a Comment