Thursday, August 1, 2013

Getting Ready for School

I know it's been too long since I've logged on to blog when I cannot remember my password. This was one of those times! So what has had me so busy I've had no time? Getting ready for school! And all the fun of day to day life.

My oldest starts kindergarten this year and we have confirmed our choice to homeschool. I had no idea there were so many options on HOW to homeschool. So I have been researching styles, curriculum and reading, reading, reading other bloggers who have already been doing this home-school thing and books by the bag full.

We have settled on Eclectic Home-Schooling, for this year. (Funny that's kind of our style for decorating too. Hmm, maybe there is something to that.) Our main focus will be language arts (I've gotten pretty much everything I need for that for only the cost of printing), Bible history over view (next year we will be digging deep into the history), Christlike character studies (Fruit of the Spirit, yes we are still working on that, Armor of God and such) and unit studies. Our first unit of study, students choice, will be ancient Egypt. And I'm pretty excited to dive in!

Speaking of my oldest, we had a great moment this past weekend at the post office. The wind was blowing pretty good and our nations flag was whipping around in the wind. It was beautiful to watch. Well, when we were done with our mail trip the flag was not blowing and Pumpkin was pretty disappointed. So I took the time to teach him the Pledge of Allegiance. It was so cute to see his little sister quickly follow hand over heart and try to say the words to.

A few days later we were making that same trip and as soon as we exited the building I was asked. "Can we allegiance the flag again?" And so we did, it warmed my heart! By the way, I know have "add American flag" to my shopping list for curriculum this year.

If you would like more information of some of the curriculum I am using please use the following links.

Free Language Arts for Preschool and Kindergarten:
Progressive Phonics
This Reading Mama
American Sign Language:
Devotional Motherhood 

Over all wealth of information and great deals:
So you call yourself a Homeschooler 
Bible Based Homeschooling
Me on Pinterest


Got to buzz, baby is teething!
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment