But now were back to the real world, and while I have my husband and mother in law taking turns helping me with the kids, because I am still recovering and cannot lift my youngest baby, I might as well get some freezer cooking done.
In my ideal world, freezer cooking day would involve the kids spending the day out of the house with daddy, some great music and a bottle of wine. But not having to stop what I'm doing every 15 minutes, more or less, to address one of my precious little pastries needs. Well, it is pretty darn close to ideal! Thank you Mom for your help!
On the menu this month is a few of our new and old favorites. Thank you Pinterest for helping me find some these great easy things to cook, that my family enjoys and so does my bank account.
On the crock pot & freezer cooking menu for this month
- Ground Turkey Tacos with Rachel Ray's homemade taco seasoning recipe. Only I add salt.
- Just like Mom's but Healthy Ground Beef Stoganoff
- Spaghetti: I eat mine with sauteed mushrooms instead of noodles and it's amazing!
- Stuffed Pepper Soup from 365 Days of Slow Cooking. I've adapted the recipe for my family and we use ground turkey and add 2 cups lentils, 4 cups vegetable juice, 4 cups salsa
- Tom Kha Ga from 365 Days of Slow Cooking. In this one I add extra lemon grass, ginger and mushrooms. I also use precooked chicken.
- Crock Pot whole chickens for salads and steamed or roasted vegetables
- Coconut flour tortillas. This will be a new one for us and I hope they freeze well, if they do I will use them as mini pizza crusts.
Roasted Pepper Taco
Cooked Taco meat
Bell Pepper or other large pepper of choice
Sour Cream or plain yogurt
Additions condiment options: avocado, radish, onion, fresh tomato, hot sauce
Slice peppers in half and remove seeds. Broil about 5-10 min on each side till roasted. Layer meat, cheese, sour cream, salsa, cilantro and additional condiments as desired. Eat and enjoy!
Got to buzz, kids are in bed and I'm going to go watch a show with that super helpful mother in law of mine.